45th Annual ARSC Conference (Los Angeles, CA May 11-14, 2011)
The 2011 ARSC conference will be held at The Wilshire Grand in downtown Los Angeles. The hotel is within walking distance of the theatre district, which includes the Walt Disney Concert Hall, the Mark Taper Theatre, and the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion. Other places of interest that are near the hotel include the Grammy Museum, the new “LA Live!” complex, the popular garment and jewelry districts, Chinatown, Little Tokyo, Union Station and USC. Within a few blocks you will find a wide range of restaurants that represent the diversity of cuisine that makes L.A. unique. The 7th Street/Metro Center subway across the street provides access to Hollywood Boulevard, the Kodak Theater and Universal Studios via the red line.
Our contracted dates at the Wilshire Grand are Tuesday May 10 – Saturday May 14, 2011. Group rates will be honored 3 days before/after these dates pending availability.
The Wilshire Grand Hotel: Then and Now from R&V Productions on Vimeo.
Hotel Contact Information:
Wilshire Grand Los Angeles
930 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA, USA 90017
Tel: (213) 688-7777
Fax: (213) 612-3989
Reservations: (888) 773-2888
Room Reservation Information:
- $139 Superior Room, single or double occupancy (a $25 fee applies for each additional person per room; current taxes are 14% occupancy tax and .065% State of California Tourism Assessment). Guests may choose one king or two double beds; free WIFI is included.
Conference attendees may also upgrade as follows:
- $159 Junior Suite. Double the size of a regular guest room, these suites include a sitting area with sofa, two chairs and coffee table; one king s or two double beds; and most rooms have two baths.
- $179 Executive Superior. Located on the top three floors, these standard-sized rooms feature upgraded room and bath amenities and Executive lounge privileges, including deluxe continental breakfast, afternoon snacks and refreshment service daily.
$189 Executive Junior Suite. Similar to regular junior suites, but with Executive lounge privileges and upgraded amenities.
To make your reservations please follow these instructions:
- If you are telephoning, please indicate that you are with the Association for Recorded Sound Collections (ARSC); our group code is 0511Spring. Reservations must be guaranteed with first night’s deposit to a credit card.
- If you wish to make your reservation online, please follow this weblink to the ARSC group page with the special conference rates. Click on the “Select Dates” tab to adjust your arrival and departure dates.
- Reservations must be cancelled 48 hours prior to arrival to avoid loss of first night’s room and tax charges.
- Check-in time is 3:00pm PDT and check-out is 12:00pm PDT
- The deadline to make reservations at the Wilshire Grand, Los Angeles is Tuesday, April 19, 2011. Reservations made after this date will be reserved only on a space available basis at the prevailing rate.