Member Benefits (ARSC)
Do the words batwing, brown wax, six-eye, and webtop have a special meaning for you? Does sticky shed keep you up at night? Can you identify microphones from the recordings they captured? You're not alone!
We are the Association for Recorded Sound Collections.
The Association for Recorded Sound Collections, Inc. is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the preservation and study of sound recordings - in all genres of music and speech, in all formats, and from all periods.
Founded in 1966, ARSC is unique in bringing together private individuals and institutional professionals. Archivists, librarians, and curators representing many of the world's leading audiovisual repositories participate in ARSC alongside collectors, dealers, researchers, historians, discographers, musicians, engineers, producers, reviewers, and broadcasters.
Annual memberships start at $45.00
...and if you're a student, it's just $20.00!
What you GET with your dues
- Subscription to the ARSC Journal (issued twice a year) - a scholarly, peer-reviewed publication we've been producing since 1968
- Subscription to the ARSC Newsletter (issued three times a year)
- news about ARSC and the greater audio community
- Annual Conference Presentation Recordings
- Most recent recordings available to ARSC members only
- Some also include PowerPoint slides
- Other organizations charge members for access!
- Discounted fee for Annual Conference
- Opportunity to participate in our many Committees and push for the change you want to see happen
- Listing in our Member Directory, gets you in touch with other collectors, dealers, archivists, and sound lovers
- ...and look for more happening in our Members Section in the future!
What you SUPPORT with your dues
- Grants and Awards Programs
- Preservation - We develop and promote archival standards
- Access - We advocate for better copyright policy
...and if you are currently or have been a member, it's easy to renew!
Download the ARSC Membership Brochure [pdf]
Download the ARSC Refer-A-Friend email template [docx]